You know, it's not like 'we', in the adoption world, aren't aware of this TA wait, but when in it, it seems like the most frustrating thing EVER! And it cracks me up how, like with Elle, I think there's going to be some miraculous exception/MIRACLE that's gonna catapult us to Zane in some extraordinary way - 'Beam me up Scotty!'
Listen, I know reality; I'm a grounded person; I know the rules - I live by the rules; but somewhere, down deep in my sinews (Yes, I said sinews! People! I'm trying to make a point - this is very important!) is the hope, the BELIEF!, that the utterly impossible will unfold!
We believe that Zane alone is the most amazing, miraculous, incredible gift of God and blesses us so! How could we ask for more?! But I do! I just want to get there, NOW! :)
This all will probably be very painful for anyone to read - me whining...but this is it folks, my raw self just, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....
I do have something VERY WONDERFUL to share and after last night, I feel encouraged, loved, energized and ready to face reality with a post!
'Girls' from church threw me a surprise baby shower on our scheduled girls' night out! They were clever and I'm quite impressed with their sneaky skills. When I arrived, they welcomed me with Cheshire grins and a sly, 'Sur---prise!' It was so sweet, so very kind of everyone! We had already been blessed with a shower for Elle and felt we had most of what we needed and confident that God would provide. But, the very generous and thoughtful gifts were just what we needed and then more! All the adorable, cute and handsome boy clothes just put me in the mood - bring our boy home, we're ready! :) The girls decorated with blue tractors as was also displayed on the most delicious cake, accompanied by strawberry punch and blue, mint teddy bears. There were also several h'orderves - veggies, chips and pinwheels - yum-o! And the lovely hosts had two beautiful flower arrangements - one just for Elle that she has smelled at least 100 times today. :)
The shower concluded with a time of prayer for Zane and our family's journey and then we visited and ate some more of that cake - oh it was good! Thank you dear friends, everything was just lovely and we were so encouraged by your kindness, thoughtful gifts and generosity.
With these blessings and the prayers of saints, we have hope and believe in His perfect way. Hold on Zane - we're coming!
"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17


5 comments:
honestly, i think the SN TA wait is really tough. so emotional day after day!! praying for you!
As one waiting aswell , for our LOA that is, I'm feeling your pain....but your almost there, so close.
I love Bringing up Boys (noticed it in the pic) Hope you like it too.
What a wonderful surprise!
I am so sorry your TA didn't come yet.
I know His timing is perfect, but the
waiting is hard.
Praying for you and TA's to arrive next week!
This wait is tough....your post lifted me up for sure. You have a way with words. :)
Praying for your TA and for mine.....and for ALL of those who are waiting.
Crystal
Oh, what a wonderful reminder that God's hand is still in this, despite the fact that he hasn't answered yet. What a wonderful gathering and such beautiful ladies!
Your whining is not whining, but if it was, it would be understandable. It is so hard to live in Time with a God who lives in Eternity sometimes. But He is faithful, and will work out the details.
Until then, enjoy the lessons in patience for all three of you. Someday Elle will remember this waiting... I can just see the Sunday School class: "Imagine how the people waited for the Messiah, kids. What have you waited for?" Boy, won't Elle have a testimony for the rest of the class?!
Post a Comment