Our first bowling experience was definitely a highlight. Must find out how to do it cheaper! When did bowling get so expensive?! But totally worth it for the thrill they had. The kiddos held their own and scored amazingly well with a little help from bumpers. There were lots of high-fives, woo-hoos and cheers; what a blast!



We also visited this train exhibition that is set-up in a store front at a local mall. Men in the community build and maintain the sets for young and old to come hang out and enjoy. There's even an area of hands-on Thomas engines. Zane was wide-eyed!
Bargain hunting at second-hand stores turned out some big scores for the kiddos; puzzles and a brand new Lite*Brite still in its original packaging!
Just a little hail in the middle of our spring break. Ahhh, Kansas!
The week's evening thrills were at the dinner table over games and popcorn. Z*ngo is a favorite and Zane is really quick at it. He even keeps track of the tiles others need and grabs it on our behalf, to help us out. But nobody cheers over a victory as robostly as Elle.
Certainly enjoyed this year's staycation. When it was finished we weren't exhausted, didn't feel like we needed a couple of more days to recuperate and thoroughly soaked each other up. Not surprisingly, it was very difficult to give up Daddy that next Monday morning.


4 comments:
Looks like a great time!
I thought that we lived in the same town, but, I couldn't figure out any of the places you went to (maybe because I'm OLD) and I certainly didn't hear or see any of that hail. What a great staycation you had.
Marge
Staycations are the best! Glad you had a wonderful time enjoying just being together.
I love staycations! Looks like fun
family time!
Post a Comment