Welcome dear friends and family

Hoping this brings us a bit closer.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

Yes, Mama had a big hair day!
Christmas morning was exciting and the day is a sweet memory. Both kiddos entered the living room shyly and were quite overwhelmed by the gifts. They stopped just inside the living room and wouldn't let go of my legs...very weird and funny...made for an interesting video! After we ate breakfast and read from Luke 2, we started opening gifts. Elle was very weak, so Zane played Santa, handing out gifts. He was incredibly patient as everyone took their turn and even insisted once that it was Elle's turn. We were also encouraged and touched by their gratitude. Elle said more than a few times, 'All for me?' She also had a burst of energy after a few gifts in and finally felt up to eating some homemade monkey bread, Grandma Wolfe's tradition.



Elle's favorite gift was her Hello Kitty pajamas, because I too received Hello Kitty pjs! 'We're twins!', she reminded us all day long. Zane's favorite was the Busy Ball Popper. He squealed with such delight and laughed so hard that it's the best video I think we have of him to date. Second favorite for Elle was a $1 purple calculator - go figure?! ;) Of course there were many more wonderful gifts from grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles and cousins. We are grateful to everyone for their generosity, kindness and love.

Whoa!

Cars!

Love this CD!
Tinkerbell paradise!

Cool!

Really, this time of year makes me think about our parents at our age, more than any other time. How we long to make Christmas meaningful and memorable, just like they did. I more fully understand the time and sacrifices to find the perfect gifts that bring joy to our children. I know the efforts to plan the most delicious foods that will live on as tradition, creating pride and security. I feel the exhaustion from late night wrapping and cleaning, to set everything just right and in perfect order for their early rising...to capture the awe on their faces.


I grasp just a glimpse of God's heart when He revealed His excellent plan of redemption and adoption through His most precious gift of Jesus. 'By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us.' 1 Jn. 3:16 Nothing could reflect His heart more accurately, nothing could ever bring the receiver more joy.


The pain of an unappreciated gift. The disappointment of a toy that didn't live up to the expectations. How much more it must pain our Heavenly Father when He offers the most perfect gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, with hope for a future that is promised to bring joy beyond anything we could ever imagine, and it is unappreciated, put aside and rejected. Like our parents, our hope above all gifts, decorations, and food, is that baby Jesus would come to be Elle and Zane's Savior and Lord.

I have been meditating on His gift that I've received, and how I reflect it...the very heart of my Father God. I know there are moments, hours, and days that I would appear unappreciative and unaffected by the best gift EVER! ...striving to reflect deeper admiration through obedience to His calling for our family.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that I could feel just well enough for some monkey bread too. :) Sorry that Elle was not up to par.

Marge

Alicia said...

Love all the Christmas pictures. Love the Hello Kitty pjs.

Thank you for your beautiful refection of the hope we have in Him. So very thankful for His perfect and precious gift!

Steigenbergs said...

Such a sweet post. It's true... we just want to make it right for them, build the traditions...