We recently returned from a three day trip and finished our first season as pass holders at S*lver Dollar C*ty. What a blast we've had at Branson this year!
Too cold for camping, so a hotel with pool and hot tub this time around. Every morning, after a big breakfast, Elle splashed in the cool waters with Dada while Zane and I soaked in the bubbles. Zane knows exactly what he likes. Ten seconds in the pool and he was signing 'all done' and pointing to the hot tub. The next day I asked him if he wanted to go in the big pool and he said, 'Nooooooooo', and signed 'hot'. Works out great for me -- my preference as well! He is a boy after my own heart! Elle on the other hand had to be dragged from the fun pool to the boring tub. :) She loves having fun with Dada - very sweet.
The City was so beautiful! Lights covering every square inch - awing! The Christmas tree was magnificent.
Nativities throughout. CHRISTmas music heard everywhere. The story of Jesus' birth proclaimed.
Parades, light shows and all the regular fun too.
When we first saw the middle square, with the impressive Christmas tree that was light-timed to music each evening, I got choked up. When I turned to see Elle's face, her eyes were full of water. That was a great moment. Later, I was moved by the telling of the Christmas story by the old man on the train ride - he was so sincere and there was a sense that he was honored to share God's Truth. And again, while the Christmas tree lights danced to music, I was overwhelmed by The One we celebrate this season.
Every day since Elle rode SDC's F*re *n The Hole in September, she has asked about riding it again. Not a day has passed in three months that she hasn't mentioned it being her favorite ride. As expected, this was definitely the highlight once again for her.
Zane really enjoyed The City's ambiance and didn't cry on the Frogger this time. But his favorite moment was while we sat in front row seats at the 20 minute Living Nativity performance. We were just feet away from the side stage where Mary, Joseph and a POOPING donkey appeared. Zane thought the pooping was AWESOME!! He kept signing 'potty' and laughed out loud.
Actually, we all laughed because we were so close to the actors we could see them stifling laughs and gagging for air while they knelt down in poop to worship baby Jesus. We have an Advent book that we read every night. Since our return from The City, we can't get past the page with the donkey without Zane mentioning donkey poop.
We also worshiped on Sunday morning at The City. Elle even went up front and sang in the choir. She was a pro, as the night before she went up on stage during the "Frosty" play. Here she is, in the middle wearing the purple hat...
Speaking of frosty, it was cold, but we planned our wear well and stayed plenty warm. The fresh, hot cinnamon bread also helped and became a daily must-have -- I feel a tradition coming on!
We had a lot of fun being together and taking in the celebration of Jesus, our Lord and Savior!


4 comments:
I love The City at Christmas! So glad that you had a wonderful time together celebrating the birth of Christ and creating special memories.
I read T a story from our Christmas book this morning and couldn't stop laughing as they talked about D is for donkey. LOL! Ahhhh...
I'm tucking this post in my mind for next year. What a fun place to celebrate- full of CHRISTmas, like you said! Glad you guys had such a fun trip!
Looks like a fun trip!
What an awesome celebration of the Savior's birth.
Post a Comment