Welcome dear friends and family

Hoping this brings us a bit closer.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Zane's Referral, 6/5/09, 8:21 a.m.

I've been wanting to post about Zane's one year referral since June 5, but.... Today I do, as I think about how God brought all things together for His very best for us and how I know He'll do it again and again and again for me, for you and my nephew, Titus.

We placed our waiting child application with our agency on my birthday, May 20, 2009, and just a little over two weeks later had our Zane in our hearts forever! We were doing a garage sale with my SIL, Alicia, who was downstairs while I was getting us some coffee, when the phone rang. It was our agency and I KNEW! I was stunned and excited! We had some very specific conversations just days earlier with our agency, sharing our hearts and letting them know what God had laid on our hearts...I knew they wouldn't be calling unless they had our child.

It is so surreal to push a 'talk' button and know that in seconds your life would change forever, while holding a cup of coffee and sweating from just setting up a garage sale in your driveway....

She said, "He's eight months old (my knees buckled) and has an unrepaired cleft lip and palate (God's vision to me)...blah, blah, blah...." I knew he was ours and I was running to grab my cell to call Eric while she rattled on about this and that, things that could wait because he was our son and that was that!

It was the happiest day, equal to the call I received on my cell in 2006 while driving home from work when we received the news of our precious girl. God you are good - thank you for our Zane and Elle!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

What a difference a year makes, huh? Our boys sure are handsome! I love re-living the call. What an amazing day. So glad our boys are HOME!

Wolfes Home said...

Such a handsome little Wolfe!

Steigenbergs said...

Oh, the HAIR!! :) I LOVE it!

Amy said...

never heard this story.
love it.
it's amazing how quick life can change with one special phone call!!!

oh, LOVE your short hair!
so cute on you.

Amy said...

(saw the pictures of your hair on Jocelyns blog)

Alicia said...

God's perfection and provision!

Can Zane get any more handsome? :)