Welcome dear friends and family

Hoping this brings us a bit closer.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Half The Time

It was one year ago today that I was out of town and sitting on my friend's couch, drinking coffee and saying, "I know it has only been a month and a half since we accepted Zane's referral and I know the average time for referral approval is four months at best for I600 families, but God is able, He could bring our approval now, right?" Alice got up to check on the napping girls and my cell phone rang! It was our adoption agency's area code...WHAT?!

First thing I thought was, 'What in the world would they be calling for????!!!!' But I knew, my heart started pounding! He is able indeed - in half the time, we had our referral approval for our son, Zane! I yelled something like, "NOOOOO WAAAAAAAY! SERIOUSLY?!"

Alice came back downstairs and I could hardly talk because I was so ecstatic, but when I finally got it out we jumped up and down, yelled, danced and praised Him for His miraculous gift!

Once again, one year later, we are praying for a God is able miracle to occur for Zane's cousin, Titus, today. We believe, without a doubt, in His perfect timing!

Zane in Alice's living room - sitting where we danced with joy just one year earlier!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

The dimples, the hat.... you're killin' me here! :)

Alice said...

Very cute. I love that little boy and it makes my heart so excited for my own little boy who is coming into my heart soon! Praise God for giving us these amazing beautiful gifts out of his grace and mercy...thank you God!

Steigenbergs said...

Are those dimples? My goodness, he looks so adorable in this picture.

Isn't it fun to celebrate what God has done... and what He is doing? I'll quote my VBS "Praise phrase" from yesterday: Our God is Awesome! Praise God!

Amy said...

look at that adorable smile!!

Alicia said...

Love that picture of Zane!

July 21st will always be a special day!

Kathy said...

He is such a cutie!