Welcome dear friends and family

Hoping this brings us a bit closer.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Finally Home

My Grandma went home this morning. We were sad to say our goodbyes this past year, each time knowing that she was slipping away. There is peace that she is finally home, with her Savior, covered by His grace, love, peace and joy.

She was a spunky one...stubborn and funny! I loved her laugh and her quirky idioms, like, "hotter than a flash in a pan!" She always mixed the sayings up, so we grew up confused by it all, but she made us laugh!

She liked cooked beets, chopped salad, cottage cheese, toast and instant coffee. :)

There were a few years from 5th to 8th grade that we lived a few doors down from Grandma and Grandpa in Phoenix. It was special to have those years and they built a foundation for our relationship that unfolded as I became an adult.

She was excited about her new great granddaughter, Elle. We have some sweet memories, pictures and video of the two together.

I have a pretty vase that sits on my kitchen countertop from her - it reminds me of her love for her family. I also have my birth mark, teeth and a bit of spunk from her. I pray that spunk pours on down over Elle.

Love you and miss you, dear Grandma Marjorie. We'll see you soon!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

That picture is just precious of the two of them. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandma, Kate. I enjoyed reading your memories of her!

Wolfes Home said...

We're praying for the family. Rejoicing that she's home.

G and G Wolfe said...

Even though you will miss your grandma, Kate, you have assurance of where she is and can continue to be encouraged by your memories. Thanks for sharing!

Jenni said...

What a wonderful story of the love you shared with your Grandma, and the peace you have that you can rest in. I especially like the title of the blog!

It is special that you were able to share Elle with her, and that Elle will have things to remember her by. So is there a similar picture of Grandma and Kate when she was a little girl?

Thinking of you and your family as you celebrate her homecoming...

Love,
Us