Welcome dear friends and family

Hoping this brings us a bit closer.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fish-slapped!

A few weeks ago we went to a farmstead; it's wonderful and free and everyone in the area loves to take their kiddos there. Eric decided that this would be a great opportunity to introduce Elle to fishing. Oh how he had expectations. ;) So it got off to a really good start and she caught a fish pretty quickly. But then, the fish fin-slapped her in the face and well, that was that. The moment was gone...notice the last pic in the below montage. I've also loaded two videos, one taken right after the fish-slap and then Eric's desperate attempt to salvage the moment. I'm laughing again!





9 comments:

Wolfes Home said...

"Soft like a doggie"???? You crack me up, Eric! Too funny! Her hair is getting long! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Awww how sweet! :-) Great dad.

Alice said...

That is too funny. She can really turn on the tears! wow. Hopefully next time it will be better.

Jenni said...

Um... what kind of strange dogs do you have around your neck of the woods? I can't say that I've ever seen a scaly dog! But maybe I just live in the wrong part of the country?

Still, what a fun time for Daddy and Elle to share!

Amy said...

That is too cute!! love how we can hear you laughing at the entire situation!! have fun with family tomorrow:-)

Wolfes Home said...

Okay, seriously Kate. I wanna see more pictures of my niecey-niece!!! Good grief I haven't seen that sweet thing since July. :( Better hurry over here!

Laurie said...

October? Hot sun? New pictures, please!! :)

Amy said...

must. have. new. pictures.

Caryn said...

That is just hilarious! I'll use that feels-like-a-dog move when my kids freak out about something icky. :) LOL! Elle is a darling...