Along with the fun, we've had some firsts. The Granny Smith apple tree we planted four years ago bore its first fruits (YEA!), Zane said 'ball' and Elle had her first hot dog at a water festival. It was free and we were R.E.A.L.L.Y hungry. I'm obviously not a fan of the nitrate and msg laden mechanically separated 'meat', nonetheless, Elle said it was good and it didn't stunt her performances on the 10 and 15 foot water slides!
Zane has been on more first time expeditions...dining chair shoved over to counter to play with dirty dishes in the sink, and step stool used to climb on top of toilet seat to reach top of tank - WOWZERS!
Finally, but not a first unfortunately, Elle sprained her ankle this afternoon jumping out of the SUV. Sigh...I can't begin to count the many times I've told her to STOP jumping off ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! I'm all for fun in proper shoe wear in appropriate play places, but somehow I know that airborne off a wall or five steps up or from a SUV or back of a couch in dress shoes increases your chances for a sprained ankle or worse...she says she'll never jump out of the car again, 'sorry mama'. Poor baby, all wrapped up in ice, watching videos and eating snacks (healthy ones). :)
Ring Around The Rosies
Playing with Grandpa
Silly with Grandma
Our first apple - the little one
Sprained ankle - poor baby!
Grandma love
Puzzle time & trying to fill Grandpa's shoes


3 comments:
Love all the fun pictures and memories created with Grandpa & Grandma.
Poor Elle, her ankle looks painful! I hope she feels better and is running around and playing tomorrow-poor baby. :(
What a wonderful time of playing and sharing and loving... I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa had as much fun as the kids, and enjoyed every minute (and will "rest up" on their return journey home). They sure look like they are having a grand time!
Glad you got some me-time. So important! :) And yet so often neglected with toilet-tank climbers and ankle sprainers in the house! ;)
(I called Dave about the climbing thing. He was impressed!)
Maybe we'll send some of our cooling rain your way... then again, we are enjoying it too much. But at least you have opportunities for fun water activities!
Get better, Elle. And mom, did you get that "I'll never" part on tape? :)
Looks like a memorable week!
Post a Comment