It was an exciting day when we surprised her with her new bike, but it quickly turned to discouraging as she couldn't seem to figure out how to pedal forward. ????? We were puzzled as she could do it on her tricycle. I worked with her, but nothing seemed to help, especially with my patience wearing thin. So I passed the baton off to Eric when he got home and 1/2 hour later he came in scratching his head over the whole pedal forward thing. Elle was discouraged and we were concerned we had not made it fun when she told us at dinner, 'I don't want to ride my bike any more.' Oh no - we messed up! ;)
Eric fixed it all the next morning when he took her to a great park to play and just try the bike out. He used his Daddy tricks and within a few minutes she was speeding around the basketball court. She was so excited and rode nearly an hour when she jumped off the bike, collapsed on the middle of the court and told Daddy that her legs were tired. We were thrilled over her accomplishment and enjoyed a morning at the trails the next day. Great job Elle!




4 comments:
Love "flat Elle" on the court. Ha!
Way to go Elle!
Daddy magic... gotta have some of that sometimes!
Good job, Elle!
(I too love the "flat Elle" picture! She's hilarious!)
Wow that is huge. I have been working on the tricycle with my girls but they don't get it. When did she start peddling that?? Mine are so behind...I read to them too much!
Good job Elle...you look awesome on your new bike!
Post a Comment