I've lost track, but I think this was around our six or seventh visit from a social worker in the past five years. I remember how nervous we were the first time...cleaned all week long, stayed home from work to be physically and mentally ready for the visit -- so much stress! Ha! I barely remembered it was today and just did a bit of straightening up. Eric and Elle weren't even home from an errand when she arrived. The social worker is an intern and shared that she was adopted from South Korea, thus her interest in pursuing the field. Zane flashed his big dimples at her, but made sure to have one hand on me so as not to be grabbed up by the stranger.
Couple weeks ago we were waiting for Zane's nose swab culture to come back and as we suspected, it was positive for infection, again. To our surprise it was an entirely different infection, so he's been on treatment for that for the past ten days. Unfortunately, it is obvious that this infection or another has set in and so there were several conversations with the doctor today regarding next steps. Of course we are feeling very concerned and anxious about how all this treatment is taxing Zane and not healing him. We are praying about next steps and for His healing.
Elle is working really hard on the dance piece for her recital. She went up on the big stage with her class yesterday to run through it. It was a hoot watching them bump into each other and try to follow their teacher while waving at their mamas. She has also been working diligently on her speech. She practices her 'k' sound every day and will ask me to practice dialog with her that she has noticed she has trouble saying. The other day she asked, 'Mama, how do you say what her name is?'
So we practice and practice...
M - "Hi, what is your name?"
E - "My name is Elle. What is your name?"
M - "My name is Kate. Nice to meet you." :)
Zane continues to be an eating machine! This boy is going to eat us out of house and home! He's getting the hang of the spoon, but it frustrates him that he can't get it in as quickly and neatly as I do and he rather me do the work. So I force him and that ticks him off. Just doing my job, son!
Today was 75 and the next two days are supposed to hit 85 degrees! We've enjoyed having the windows open and playing outside. I'm sure we still have some cooler days ahead and the coldest will be Easter, I'm sure.


1 comment:
Wow!! Congratulations on six months
home! Sorry Zane is still struggling with
his nose infection! Poor little guy! Praying
for him. Love the video! He likes his food!
Praying the next six months will be a little
calmer for you.
Hugs!!
Post a Comment