For lunch she wanted popcorn, so popcorn it was, with some carrot and celery sticks thrown in too. :) After her two-hour nap, she played with the dancing ribbon-wands she got that morning. They are much like what she had seen at the Chinese New Year celebration and how she likes them! She really got a pretty good rhythm going.
Uncle Kevin and AA arrived for dinner -- chicken nuggets, green beans, mashed cauliflower and applesauce. We've been planning the menu for weeks and Elle had approved everything with great enthusiasm! And for the main event, chocolate chip cake with pink icing and chocolate chips sprinkled on top. :)
Everything was homemade, gluten-free and almost dairy-free (splurged on the buttercream frosting - mmmmmmm). We reminisced about the anxiety we had making her first gluten/dairy-free birthday cake two years ago...how far we've come. She is no longer allergic to either, but it has become a desired lifestyle choice for us and is nearly effortless now. She enjoyed the meal immensely, especially sharing it with family.
After cake, she was genuinely surprised that there were more gifts. So in the living room, we received multiple kisses and watched her jump up and down over the surprises she unwrapped.
Already past bedtime, Eric and I spent some extra time cuddling in bed with her and saying blessings and prayers over her. She too thanked God for her birthday and being four! She went to bed with her new friend, Roo, and no cloth for the very first time.
The next morning, she looked more mature. ;)


7 comments:
Happy 4th Birthday, Elle! We are so happy that we could come and share in your special day.
Happy Birthday Elle!
Happy birthday Elle. I can't believe how big you are. You would think I lived FAR away that I never see you. I MUST get over before too long. I'm glad you had a great day.
Marge
Happy 4th Birthday, sweet Elle!
Looks like you had a wonderful
day! Big Hugs!
Awww, Happy Birthday, sweet Elle!!
hope you had a great day!!
Happy belated birthday to the big girl! She really is big, with all of her coordinated bracelets and her ballet dancing and all the things she is learning. What a special way to celebrate, as well.
When you figure out the formula to stop them from growing up, feel free to pass it along! :)
PS. I didn't realize she is no longer allergic now. That is great news! :) (because after several days of yogurt on the trip, Erin had major issues. We are trying to lay off all dairy for a bit, and it seems to be helping. Nice to hear there is hope!!)
Post a Comment