Welcome dear friends and family

Hoping this brings us a bit closer.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Words & Prayers

Whoa - the words and sentences are coming out of Elle! Maybe she's been inspired by having her Grandpa and Grandma here for a visit from Russia!

Yesterday she said...
"I'll be right back."
"I cut AA's card." (Got in trouble for that!)

Regularly she's saying...
"I'll get it!" ;)

And minute by minute we hear...
"No help, myself!"

This morning she said...
"No help, I tell Daddy."

Everything, lately, is preceded by "No help, Mama, I do it, myself!" But often it's quickly followed by "Help Mama!" Brother! ;)

I told her Monday evening that we were going to the pool in the morning to swim with friends. This is how the conversation went...

E: "No help, myself, Mama!"
Me: "Well, I think it would be okay if Mama helped a little bit...like helping you get your swimsuit on, fixing breakfast, packing our picnic lunch, getting you into the car, driving you to the pool, paying your admission, and putting on your sunscreen. How about a little help from Mama?"
E: "Yeeeeeees"....(and then as she walked away)..."No help, myself!"

Sigh.... :)

We continue, of course, to pray for our Zane. Elle rarely misses praying for Zane at every meal and we are touched by her concern and love for her little brother. A few days after receiving Zane's referral, I spent a day fasting and praying, lifting up Zane and the journey that lays in front of us....Elle had heard us praying for Zane just the two days before, but when we bowed our heads over her oatmeal and my glass of water, she took the initiative to pray for Zane, unprompted, for the very first time. It was so moving to me and of course, I wept!

She said, "Ear Ga, pease help Ane China. Pane Mama, pane Dada, pane Elle China, Ane home, Mama home, Dada home, Elle home, Amen."

Translation: "Dear God, please help Zane China, Plane Mama, plane Dada, plane Elle China. Zane home, Mama home, Dada home, Elle home, Amen."

Sigh...we are so blessed by our dear Elle Belle! Thank you God for your good gifts!

I'll leave you with some video....

5 comments:

Wolfes Home said...

We love you, Elle! You are a crack-up! Oh my!

Amy said...

LOVE hearing her laugh!! What a cutie! thanks for posting the pictures and videos!

Anonymous said...

That's great that Elle is starting to talk more, and in sentences! Allison has had a little burst of speech progress lately herself. It's exciting to see!

Loved the videos!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! a new blog, and what a great one. :)
I just love the videos. Her fake laugh sounds like a billy goat.
Marge

Jenni said...

Wow! So many things to say. That's wonderful. She's getting to be such a big girl!

It is hard to be independent and yet still unable to do lots of things! I enjoyed your list of things she would need you to do to go swimming. :) Granted, your logic was lost on her independence. :)

We have a similar situation. If you ask Erin if she wants something, she will say "Yeah," but then shake her head. Kids!

Enjoyed the videos very much. Especially the feeding of the goat. "Thank you, Mama!" :) Bald eagles are very exciting!

What a sweet prayer from a very special sister.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Jenni