While eating, the thrill of victory faded, and I started to feel a little sorry for the poor guy -- the thought of whacking a blind, wet, defenseless animal with a shovel didn't seem right, soooo, I decided to take him to a field on the other side of Hwy7 and let him go. Out there, it is not physically possible for him or his offspring to ever make it back to our fertile soil.
And that's what I did. He was halfway into the ground by the time I stood upright.
So tonight I'll rest a little easier, knowing that the yard can begin healing, and that I was the better man... :D - Eric
And I (Kate) am glad this is finally over! Time to get ready for Zane and China!


2 comments:
Yea, you were right to not let his life end violently. "Those who live by the shovel, die by the shovel."
Now, are you going to post a picture of your yard?
Dad
Eric,
You are a much nicer person than me. Of course, seeing him in a bucket might have given me compassion. But as hard as I've worked to make the lawn somewhat green and sort of nice to walk through, I think I might have done him in when I found him wandering aimlessly! Good for you.
(hopefully his cousin doesn't find your yard now. :) )
Jenni
Post a Comment