Welcome dear friends and family

Hoping this brings us a bit closer.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Doing the RA happy dance & introducing our Zane!

We are completely AWED and thrilled - WE RECEIVED OUR REFERRAL APPROVAL (RA/LOA - 3:47 p.m.) from Ch*na today!!!!!! It has been just 46 days since we first laid eyes on our Zane and were prepared to wait at least 1-2 months longer. The arrival of our approval has our heads spinning! My SIL, Alicia, has been fervently praying that we would be in China for Zane's 1st birthday, September 1. I told her that this would be miraculous and that she should start fasting every day for that kind of speed! :) We have been encouraged by her enthusiasm and faithfulness and blessed by God's graciousness. We don't know why this happened so quickly....maybe because our dossier has been in Ch*na for a year and a half and had made it through some review or was higher up in the stack (???) or maybe because we are under the old adoption agreement vs. the new (Hague) one, but all honor and glory and praise goes to our heavenly Father who has every part of this journey, our paperwork and our boy in the palm of His hand. "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

So without further ado...here is our boy, Zane Leland Wolfe!




And here are those dimples I blogged about... :)



We think we can see one on his right cheek and then there's a shadow of one on his left -- we will know, very soon! Isn't he just a handsome little guy - such a sweet face, happy eyes and a good heart - that's what we see in our boy! We are so very proud of him!

Because Elle and I are out-of-town visiting friends, Eric will sign papers arriving via FedEx tomorrow, then overnight everything to me, I'll sign and then overnight everything to our agency for the Friday deadline to get out to China this week. Then, we wait again -- waiting for travel approval. Our agency rep said that we should prepare for August travel and the latest being the first part of September.

It was a bummer to not be with Eric today - but we rejoiced over our cell phones and sat in stunned silence too! Elle and I took a pic together to celebrate our RA and dear friend, Alice, jumped up and down and screamed with me - ahhhhhhhhhh! Such a marvelous day!

Please continue to pray for our Zane, our travel approval, travel plans, medical preparation and all those details.... In my quiet time tonight, I will also be praying for all the families still waiting for their precious children - that God would continue to move the mountains to bring their babies home.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so very thrilled for you all!! He's adorable, and yes, i think i see dimples too!!
praying for a quick TA!!!

Kathy said...

I am very happy and excited for all of you!!!
He is adorable!!! I know you have been waiting
a long time. I will be praying for a quick TA!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great news! Congratulations! He's adorable!

Wolfes Home said...

We are so excited, too!

Anonymous said...

HORRAY!!! He's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Congratulations, we'll be praying for God's speed through the rest of the process!

The Kunards

Melissa said...

I am so glad that you get to hug and kiss your little boy sooner than you thought you could. Go over there and show Zane all the love that your wonderful family can give. We will be praying for your trip.

Jenni said...

There are definitey dimples! How could there not be? He is adorable! How cool that God planned this all out in His timing!

What a wonderful prayer. You know more than most about that waiting process. May God continue to bless you for your faithfulness.

Praying...

Jenni and Dave and Erin

strandfam said...

Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL baby boy!We also adopted through AWAA and we have a little girl and boy both born with clcp. Our little Esther is from Fujian also. If you have any questions at all feel free to email me. Hoping you get to travel soon!
Blessings
Sarah