We did an Easter egg hunt in the rain - Elle didn't mind. She plowed through that field and filled that basket full! We also enjoyed going through Resurrection Eggs leading up to Easter - I made them in MOPS and they were my favorite craft that we did -- something we'll keep and do every year! In the middle of April we had a visit from my parents as they were here for my Grandma's funeral.
Right before school was out, we took an extended weekend trip to Omaha to visit their zoo and children's museum. (On our way up, we stopped at Immigration to update our fingerprints
The next week Elle finished her first semester of one-on-one speech therapy at the preschool. Ms. Beth was an excellent teacher, so patient and kind and Elle's language has really improved these past months. From February till now some of the things we've noticed/she's accomplished are, in no particular order...
We used to have to guess from facial expression and objects pointed at or context, what she was 'babbling' about - now she gives us understandable key words.
She started saying 'no' - this is good! :)
Began using pronouns - I, me, you.
Uses possessive pronouns - my, mine - this is good too! :)
She is praying and we understand some of it - so sweet - 'Ga, mama food, dada food, Elle food, AA, Tetin, Amen!'
Counts to 10.
Says the alphabet.
Overall, increased vocabulary.
Pronunciation and proper sound use is a big challenge, but we are definitely getting her language now and when we challenge her, she almost always tries. We are certainly very proud of her and noticed what a blessing she was to her teacher and the other therapists she came in contact with three times a week. They all expressed to me what a dear, sweet girl she is and Ms. Beth always talked about how well Elle followed directions. Ms. Beth won't be returning in the Fall, so we're praying about who God will bring for Elle in August. Elle brought flowers and a card to Ms. Beth and on the last day of school told her thanks and gave her a kiss on the cheek - I did not prompt any of the appreciation (Well, I bought the flowers.) - she's a dear.
The following week, Elle and I celebrated the beginning of summer by visiting the cousins for a few days. Elle just loves being around her cousins and she and Ami are learning to play together well and enjoy each other more and more. I forgot to tell a story from a previous visit with the cousins...when we arrived, Ami looked at Elle and said, 'Hey, she has black hair like me!' And this visit, Ami told me that she was born in China and I turned to Elle and asked, 'And where were you born?' She said 'Shina' and they both looked quite proud that they had a similar story. Very sweet!
Since then, we've been enjoying the parks/playgrounds immensely - Elle has a new level of physical coordination this Spring and is appreciating the climbing apparatuses and slides on a whole new level. Every day she asks to go to the park - sometimes we visit twice, once in the morn and then after dinner with Daddy.
I know, we're so exciting around here! LOL! :) We did have a humongo garage sale last weekend - that was very exciting. Seriously, I've got a good story about that - but that will wait till next post...very soon, I promise! Stay tuned - seriously, this story can't be missed! :)
Oh, almost forgot - Elle moved into a big girl bed! She's done incredibly well - hasn't gotten out of it, sleeps through the night - the transition is such a confidence booster, ya know? A lot of toddler fun around here!
Leaving you with some random pics of this and that....














4 comments:
I want that dress.....send it my way!
Can't wait for that next post!!
Wow, you better post more often so that you don't have so much to catch up on. Hee, hee. I'm with Alice, can't wait for the next post!
Oh my goodness! So many wonderful pictures... too many to mention. All the family pics are great, especially the Easter one where Elle is wearing a pink hat, backed by a pink balloon, so it looks like she has a giant Chef's Hat. :)
The visit with the cousins looks like fun! I had forgotten that the newest addition to their family had arrived. Yeah!
So many fun summer pictures in the "random" ones at the bottom. The hammock is great! And such a cute family picture on the steps.
How wonderful that Ms. Beth helped Elle with her speech. God will provide a new Ms. Beth for next year. And until then, Elle will keep working on her own.
We too have heard about the Omaha zoo. Weird. Not sure what's so great about it. Always thought Binder Park was cool, with the Africa exhibit.
Ok, I should work rather than reading and posting on your blog. :) So glad I checked after your next post, since the suspense might kill me!
Post a Comment