Welcome dear friends and family

Hoping this brings us a bit closer.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

China Bound Cousins


Well the cousins, and Chris and Jocelyn too, arrived yesterday afternoon around 4:30 p.m. I know they were glad to have finished all the details and feeling a bit more at ease with just the journey before them. Jocelyn said that 'it' has been hitting her in waves - she'd be fine and then all of a sudden her stomach would feel funny and twisted up. :) Pretty exciting for sure!

We enjoyed some chili, cornbread and apple crisp and then just headed to bed. We were all tired and with a 3 a.m. wake-up call (except for Elle and myself), everyone needed some good rest. Sleeping arrangements are always a little tricky with the C&J's. We have a 3 bedroom home and a very unfinished basement and seriously, count them, there are 6 of them! ;) What I love is that they are always up for whatever and our nights together here are 'cozy' and very similar to a camp out! This time we put Elle's crib mattress on the floor in our room, Ami in a pack-n-play in the guest room with C&J and then the three other cousins on blow-up mattresses on the floor in Elle's room. The kiddos enjoyed cuddling together before bed time and I enjoyed seeing them together, but Elijah was missing and there's still plenty of room left for him! How blessed we are with our family!

Elle and I stayed in bed, but Eric drove them up to the airport so he could bring their minivan back. About 4:35 a.m. I woke to wind gusts that were incredible!!! Never have I felt winds this strong, even when we've had tornados come within a 1/2 mile! Then freezing rain started pelting the windows too - I was just a bit uneasy but Elle slept through it. I was relieved that they had probably already reached the airport but what would this weather do to their take-off??

I called Eric and he was already heading back, but just getting hit with the wind. Around 7:30 a.m. Jocelyn called to say they had been sitting in the plane for two hours due to the freezing rains. At 11:15 a.m. I called and she answered from Denver where they had just arrived and did catch their next flight into San Francisco. The Osaka flight is delayed due to all the connecting flight delays. Please pray that the Osaka flight waits and they'll be able to catch it today!

For such an incredible adventure I guess you gotta have good stories to go along with it all, aye?!

So far the rest of our day has been low-key with a little finger painting thrown in thanks to Papa and Gram. But our thoughts are never far from CJMBEJA and our prayers are constant for them all, especially the 7th Wolfe!



1 comment:

Wolfes Home said...

It's always fun to hang out at your "cozy" house. :) Elijah has no idea what he's in for with all his extended family. It will be a treat!